Sunday, July 1, 2012

Hey guess what. I'm starting a blog.

I don't really know why I haven't ever started one in the past. Sure, I've taken stabs at it. I've blogged about my semester abroad (offtonetherland.blogspot.com), and I use tumblr (thedanktitties.tumblr.com), but lets be real, that last one is basically just me re-blogging photos of Pixar movies and Zac Efron. That doesn't really count as a blog, nor does it truly give me a space to write freely about the things I love. So, as July 2012 opens, I have started a new venture, and with that comes some serious changes in my life. New month. New Things.

1) Starting a real, honest to Moses, diet and workout plan.
When I workout I feel better about myself. I mean, everyone tells you that, but you don't believe them until you actual do it. Plus, if I don't feel good about myself, I don't really think that anything else good can come from my life. Sure, I think I would rather light myself on fire than wake up an hour early and go for a run, but sacrifices will have to be made. Good-bye long, over slept nights. Say hello to the Raymond who gets his ass out of bed and gets active again.

2) Start writing about things I love.
Be it for Atlas Magazine (http://atlasmagblog.blogspot.com), this blog, or myself I should remember to write about the things in life that give me the most joy. Friends, family, Boston, comics, movies, clothes. I think the reason I have felt so creatively stagnant is because I let myself get that way. I live in a city full of beautiful buildings and beautiful people. There is no reason why I can't soak it all up and really experience this lifestyle. That brings me to my last point...

3) Start exploring Boston more.
I need to journal, take pictures, blog about it. This is a city teeming with life, art, and culture, so how can I continue to watch it evolve and grow beyond me? Well, I won't anymore. That's that. Even if no one but my Mom and 12th grade English teacher read this blog I don't care. But, you know, hopefully someone else will read it.

So here we go, Boston Ma. Here we go, internet. This should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment