Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I'm Getting Some Visitors

Imagine Raymond in high school. Go ahead, don't be shy, because I was quite the scamp. With straight A's, two jobs, and a swoopy haircut that even the Ghost of Justin Beibers Past would mock, believe me, I was cool. That is if "cool" meant being voted president of the concert band and the winner of Best Model UN Delegate, twice. Be careful, this dragon breathes fire.

Well, at least where High-School-Ray lacked in cool he made up for by having some pretty great friends, and luck would have it that two of them are coming up to Boston for a visit.

That's right, Boston, Emily and David are coming to town.


While Emily has visited me a couple of times, tomorrow marks David's first experience in Beantown. By now I thought giving people the grand tour of Boston would be exhausting, but I can't wait to show David around my favorite city. We are going to zoom through the touristy bits, maybe see some museums and what not, while never forgetting to stop for beer breaks. These are crucial. Under a shroud of secrecy, however, I will also be painfully plotting a series of events to make David move to Boston instead of living in stupid smelly Texas. Yeah, don't ask me why he moved there, because I don't have an answer.

I'm not positive why I'm really writing this blog post. At first I was going to share really embarrassing stories about Emily and David, but then I figured that I would probably have my eyes ripped out by David's newly manicured fingernails. Plus, who wants to hear about my friends' underage binge-drinking tour of Northern New York? Even though, you know, they are super-duper funny and usually end up with someone throwing up in a weird place. Ok, maybe they are only funny to us.




Instead I think I'll just talk about how much I love and care about these two wildly attractive individuals.


WHOAH. Sorry guys, the sappy train starts a-movin' here, so hold on tight.

Now as we grow older and we see each other less and less I become ever ever aware of just how much I love them. Sure we can fight and argue, but what good friends don't? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I moved away from home and ventured to Boston, but not seeing these two everyday still makes me sad. While growing up they were there when things were tough, but they were also there when you needed someone to take a shot with you like right now, bitches. So they are family, they are my past, and for most of my adolescence they were the glue that kept me together. I can't wait to have them here together, even if it is for just a short time, so we can all experience Boston together. The hardest part is going to be seeing them leave. So let's go guys, let's make it count.


P.S.- Taking this "no embarrassing stories" high road thing was too tough, so here is an old gem that will never-ever die and I'm pretty sure will haunt David for the rest of his life. Good night.






1 comment:

  1. Too cute!!!!! Friends for ever!!!! I can' t believe you didn't send me any pictures!!!! Shameful!!!! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete